FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:01 pm
JohnGreat

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
My thoughts of T4 and CX Lounge,,,,,
I finally made it to Singapore new T4 in Dec. for the first time since it inaugurated. Was so excited but the excitement soon dies off..... Beside the fancy high tech gadgets. I am more into functionality.

T4
Only three words to describe....... Walk Walk Walk, for both inbound/outbound flight. For my flight into and outbound both are in G21 except a inbound of AK in Gate 16. It's hell of a walk from exiting aircraft to Immigration(10-15 mins walk) and to be picked up by Door 2 or 3(Another 10-15 mins walk). It's like more than half a mile, seriously, one end of T4(G21) to the other end. There's limited walkway(2X) or should I say no walkway as those walkway are design to bypass a gate, that gate must be for high passenger load aircraft. The concept to me is like a Mall. It's for you to shop and not to rest, very limited seating. If you are tired and like to be by the gate to rest. Be early or you are run out of limited seats. As a consolation, CX starts boarding as specified @ 09:20 for a 10:00 flight. If there's delay, imagine 300 passengers gathering around the gate with less than 40 seats available and bare in mind there will be seats used by hand carry's. CX flight is always full, at least 90% for SIN - BKK/HKG sector or vice verse. Even my flight on AK from KUL is 100% full although it's a smaller aircraft. And wait till T4 is fully utilized with more airlines using T4 and most gates being used. I will hope CX will be able to park closing to G10/G11? If space is the real concept, then in T1, they can remove all the walkway in the center, remove the security check before each gate and more than half of the seating by the gate. There you will have space, well can't do much about the height. Maybe I'm getting old. In 10 years or less, if I go SIN, I will request for wheelchair support.
Passing through Immigration the first time in T4, I was 'shouted' for not moving more inner to allow the gate to close.before moving back to the Finger scanner and camera. Gee, my instinct by default tells me to go directly in front of the finger scanner/camera and the officer. The officer told me I should have read the cardboard on top of her table. I guess she must be frustrated by many passenger for doing the same as i. All I can say, bad design. They should have place the finger scanner/camera and the officer away from the gate or the gate away from the scanner/camera and the officer.

CX Lounge
CX lounge is fine, very similar to the lounge in BKK. No complain. SIN is not a hub for CX's passenger to transit, therefore I don't see shower as an essential. All noodles(including Laksa) are available and so are others hot food for my 10 am flight. I'm wondering about the earlier flight if they have the same choices. The only thing I hope for is CX will park closer to the lounge, like G11. Conclusion for the lounge, I like it very much and hope it will not be too crowded in the future. It was like 30% full on Boxing day.

Last edited by JohnGreat; Jan 5, 2018 at 1:09 pm