FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Issues / Experiences using Aeromar (VW) on UA ticket
Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:46 am
TominLazybrook

Programs: UA
Little Information about Changing Planes to Aeromar on 016 ticket

I was wondering if there was a site or place to get information when someone is changing planes to partner carrier when the change takes place in another country?

Last week I flew on 016 ticket stock from IAH-GDL-PVR, with the GDL-PVR leg being on Aeromar. I asked United in Houston what the process was with the bags (do I take them through customs, do I check in again at Aeromar's desk in GDL, etc.? No one knew and instructed me to simply ask in GDL. When we got to GDL, no one knew what to do. So I waited at the baggage carosel to see if my bag would appear. it did, then I picked it up and walked through customs with it. At the end of customs there is a belt with a sign in Spanish saying "Equipaje en Conexion". But no one was at the belt. So I tried to ask someone but couldn't find anyone. I then decided "screw it, I'll just take the bag to the Aeromar check in desk". I did so and then met three couples from my flight. None of them had picked up their bags in customs. Turned out I had made the correct guess and they hadn't (started a scramble to get back into customs to get bags etc.). Eventually it was sorted, but there's definitely room for improvement.

Either way, it seems to me that if United is going to sell 016 tickets that involve connections, that they should have information as to what to do on that connection. Or at least make it more easily accessible. Maybe I missed the notification (so did a couple of 1ks).

Anyone know of any resource for future interline travel on 016 stock?