FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase fraud alerts & fraudulent charges [consolidated]
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:19 pm
Cardboard55

Is there supposed to be some way to put a hold on your account or report a charge as fraudulent in the app or website? Today I got a fraudulent charge on my Sapphire Reserve while I was in an important meeting at work. I saw it and knew it was bad, but I couldn't duck out to make a phone call right then. I poked around in the app and didn't see any way to dispute it there, so I just had to wait. In the time that I was waiting for the meeting to be over and to be able to call Chase, another, much larger charge came through too. Not the end of the world, but it's kind of annoying to be seeing fraudulent charges happen and not be able to do anything about it immediately. I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing, or if calling is the only way.

Also, the email they sent me says "We'll notify Equifax, TransUnion and Experian that we closed your other account." Does this mean that I'm going to end up with a brand new account on my credit report, shortening my average age of accounts? Somehow, after having Chase cards for many years, this is actually the first time I've ever had one replaced for fraud (MANY on other banks), so I'm not sure how this works with them.