FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New eUpgrade Requirements! Co-pay for lower flex fares
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:45 pm
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Not unintended but it explains why in January points came out of my account to upgrade the daughter and son-in-law coming from Chile to Canada on an Aeroplan ticket out of my account. They weren't charged anything though (they were in Premium Economy)!

I was trying to do the upgrade for them myself but was unable prior to flight time. They asked the agent about possibility for upgrade and she said no way you are going to get it. I guess my priority applied and they snagged the last 2 seats. They took out 26 eupgrade credits for the two tickets (should have been 52, maybe one was comped due to MY status--they have no status with AC) out of my eupgrade account. i was quite happy they got the upgrade as that was what I was trying to accomplish but couldn't.
and to be clear here, there is no eupgrade promotion that allows for Aeroplan PY to upgrade to J.

in fact, I don't think this even exists on the eUp charts. (?)