FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Denial and Recourse
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:38 pm
JonNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by James2231
I had my global entry interview on December 28, 2017. My CBP officer was surprised to notify me that I had failed because he was not able to find any criminal, civil, agriculture, immigration or any other violation for that matter.

When I asked him why I was being denied, he stated because I was born in Pakistan and had traveled to Pakistan. He also mentioned that he would talk to his supervisor in a few days and wanted me to call him. I will be calling him tomorrow.He was confident that he would be able to get an approval for me as I had nothing on my record.

I was also shocked when I heard the news because I have been the United States citizen since 2003 and I moved to United States in 1990 as a permanent resident when I was only a teenager, that is 27 years. As far as I have researched, it is unlawful to discriminate / deny an applicant based upon national origin. I am planning to appeal this decision after I talk to him tomorrow.
Any comments would be helpful.
If I had to place a bet-- just a gut-feeling, hope-I'm-wrong bet-- I'd guess that the the call won't solve the problem (at least not on the spot, anyway.) But that the grounds for appeal are much better.