FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & p.s. Premium Service
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:49 pm
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
UA 1213: ORD to SFO
December 24, 2017
Boeing 757-300, Dinner

It was actually a decent meal to finish off my flying for the year. Once I made the connection and settled into the best seat in the domestic fleet, I was able to relax and ignore the 1h ground delay we had while battling snow at ORD. Thankfully as a 1K in the first row, I didn't need to worry about meal prioritization, which would be killer as the other choice was described in some truly offhand manner by the FA as "some noodles... with beef?".

This meal was a blast from the high-quality past, the good old chicken and sausage jambalaya, with a decent salad to boot. I really don't mind the cheesecake as a replacement for sorbet, although it would be cool if they mixed it up just for the sake of interest. Would that every flight had an option this good, and I can only hope that they roll back the awful meal cuts come 2018.