FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time cruise. Have picked Celebrity.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:36 pm
747FC

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Sealink
Not sure if I have made the right decision to be honest, but it's probably pre-cruise jitters.

- During online check-in, I noticed that Celebrity have dropped half of my pals double-barrelled surname from the booking. Should I be concerned? Airlines often put my title immediately next to my surname, ie: SEALINKMR and it doesn't seem to affect anything.
- I seem to have to print reems of paperwork. (This is new to me in the age of e-ticketing!)
- I probably haven't appreciated the scale of the ship, but it seems that there are supplements for every restaurant except 'The Main Restaurant'.
- Nearly every excursion, including snorkelling is labelled as strenuous. What is their definition of strenuous?

Thanks for your help with my questions.
Should you be concerned? NO. Relax and enjoy the moment.

You have picked a mass-market ship, so everything is not going to go smoothly (it never does, even on a ship holding 1/10 the number of passengers as yours).

The "strenuous" label is applied with the 80-year old in mind. If you are in that category, it might be strenuous. If you are 35-years-old and fit, it will be a piece of cake.

Regarding the supplements, be prepared to pay almost everyplace you turn on the ship. For example, do you like latte in the morning at the coffee bar, make sure you have your room key with you to purchase it. Unless you sail on an all-inclusive line, that is the reality of cruising: You have to pay for (almost) everything on board.

Bon voyage!