FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Downgrade from Paid F to C+ Four Months Out
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:29 pm
RunningforMiles

Programs: AA, CX, AS, DL / Hilton, SPG
FWIW, I ended up getting rebooked a day earlier, which works well for me, onto a CRJ-9 with a 60 min connection in DTW. The very polite but green sounding agent didn't seem to understand why I wanted to change and quoted me the change fee so I was about to kindly HUCA but she proactively got her supervisor who reissued the ticket no problem. Fare bucket went from F to G, but c'est la vie.

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
I was downgraded on a paid international J ticket from F to Y when IAD-JFK switched to a CRJ200 at some point.

Ticket was issued by KL. DL took it over and reissued on any WAS-NYC flight I wanted that had an F cabin.

While I doubt you will be reaccommodated on another carrier for a downgrade for such a short flight, DL will literally accept anything else YOU propose on their metal - move back or forward by a day, go YYZ-NYC-DTW or YYZ-ATL-DTW etc to keep F all the way thru.

They also may offer you a $200 downgrade voucher if you stay on the downgraded flight, if you prefer that.
Earlier this year I had a domestic segment on a paid TATL J ticket change by about 61 mins and got the whole trip rebooked onto AF metal no questions asked.