FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renters who don't fill up on gas quite all the way to F...
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:17 pm
jlawrence01

Originally Posted by Toshbaf
If you're really unhappy with the tank not being full, you could immediately fill the tank at a station close to the rental car office as soon as you pick up the car. If you can put in 2.5 gallons, then you can complain.

I have experienced a less than full tank but that is not that common. Fortunately, not everyone is a cheapskate and fraudster.

Renting a car from midtown Manhattan is a different story. There are no gas stations in Manhattan below Harlem. At least none that I know of. The Mobil station on the west side closed long time ago.
Personally, I do not get that worked up over the issue. However, I do get worked up when I get a half tank of gas and the counter agent puts FULL on the contract. When that happens, I top off the tank at the nearest location (which happens to be the cheapest) and turn in the receipt at check-in. That demonstrates that the tank was not full. Since I deal with the same Hertz LE, I do NOT get any flack, especially since most of my rentals are $995-120/ week including taxes.

As for the Enterprise system, it is a rip off. It is difficult to make sure that you are not overfilling on the last fill-up of the trip.