FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pax accuses UA of giving her F seat to US Rep
Old Dec 25, 2017, 2:24 pm
lobo411

Originally Posted by sexykitten7
The comp part is fishy. As I said above, UA wanted to shut her up (they paid double the published benefit) but it's unclear why (did they screw up or did she throw a fit?).
The latter. She threw a fit. I gather that she didn't get a voucher at the time. She got nothing until she complained about it on FB, and UA sent her a voucher hours/days after the event:

"I said I wanted my seat, that I had paid a lot of miles for that seat, and that it was United's responsibility to undo the seat assignment and return it to me, the person who had paid for it," she wrote.

The United agent offered Simon a $300 voucher or told her she could buy a seat on a flight with a different airline. "I said I wanted $500 and a free meal. He said, 'And I want a Mercedes Benz, but that's not going to happen,'" she said.

Simon said she was the last passenger on the plane and that a Texas congressman sat down next to her. He allegedly told Simon that Jackson Lee "regularly does this" and that this was the third time he had witnessed her bump a passenger. He allegedly added: "Jackson Lee gives us all a bad name; it's shameful."
United Airlines accused of 'erasing' teacher from first class to favour US congresswoman