FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA seat assignment loss / change / glitch / problem / FAM (master thread)
Old Dec 24, 2017, 12:30 pm
amybd

Originally Posted by mhpkev
So having trouble with AA seat map - it's not showing any other seats. Booked in Jan LAX-OGG-LAX, with two pax in aisle and window in MCE. Issue started about 1 month ago, where the mobile app stopped showing other seats. Then AA.com had the same issue. The map pulls up, but shows every other seat as unavailable.

If I go to purchase the same flight, and look at view seats, it pulls up the seat map showing the available seats. Any idea why the issue?
I'm having the same problem, chose seats on aa.com months ago, and now the seat assignment shows full when it isn't. Did you get any resolution? I tried calling AA, and the agent was able to make a change to our seats by phone (and didn't try to charge me since I couldn't do it online), but had absolutely no interest in the actual problem of not being able to select seats online. I am OW Ruby and would like to be able to select MCE for free when I check in and perhaps change seats between now and then depending on what gets reserved or opens up. The agent also assured me today that I would always have to pay for MCE as OW Ruby, even within 24 hours, so I'm not enthusiastic about calling back to get these seats in the 24 hour window. Oh how I love calling customer service!!

I don't think there was an equipment change, but there was a 15 minute schedule change on one of the flights, so maybe that triggered the problem?

For the other people posting that were unable to choose seats, I'm wondering if it is a similar issue? Mine is also a BA ticket.

On the upside, when 2 weeks before the flight I saw all of the seats saying occupied, even the preferred and MCE, I was worried that the flight must be terribly oversold, so at least that isn't looking quite that bad!