FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Archive)
Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:31 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, I purchased a P sale fare from YVR to BKK via SFO and NRT. The (NH) NRT-BKK leg fell off of my reservation twice. The first time, I called and got it reinstated. The second time, I verified that the record looked fine on the NH website and then ignored it.

Fast-forward to T-24, and the system only wants to check me in to NRT. I called, the 1K agent said something about NH not having confirmed the space (?) and she put me onto TG* instead. The record does not appear to be marked INVOL. Thoughts on the likelihood of being able to request ORC successfully? (NH P is 200% PQMs; no Thai fare class is > 100%). I’m going to try it regardless, but the difference is 2 GPUs and if I were to choose to use Premier Accelerator to get them, I figure that I have about a week to do so.

* The COGA — “Confused or Generous Agent” — moved me from NH P to TG P. P class on TG is discount First, not discount Business. I was really surprised that TG accepted the ticket; I fully expected to end up on NH after TG sent me back to UA at NRT.