FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whats AC/AE 's responsibility when missed connection
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:03 pm
Jumper Jack

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by expert7700
I found the official IROP policy and attached a copy.

AC has to deliver you to your destination 2+ hours late for them to assume responsibility for a missed connection on another airline/ticket. I was wrong or the policy changed from the pdf I was thinking of in my post above...AC being 2+ hours late is quite different than must book at least a 2hr connection.

AC should be able to handle this if their agents are still working at the airport, if the lounge is open and accessible, etc. Also be prepared for someone involved to try passing the buck and telling you to call Aeroplan and find out the hard way that Aeroplan is closed between midnight and 7am EST.

​​​​​​Jack, another ? is how long are your CDG and PVG stops? Aeroplan lets you do a 24hr as a connection. You can often trick this into 36-40 hours by doing a $75 confirmed same day change or free standby for an earlier flight.

Extreme example because I know these times don't really exist: If there is a 12:15am LHR flight and an 11pm LHR flight, book the later one with as close to 24hr connection as possible. Then SDC or standby for the 1215am flight to add 22hrs to your 24hr connection.

You have access at the airport but not by phone. If you are able to find someone to radio to try go find the concierge. At LHR, my least favorite airport to connect at, it may be tricky.

BA would have no documented responsibility to do so.
Want to give you a YUGE shoutout for the pdf, really really appreciate it!
My PVG and CDG stops both require days so I think unfortunately it wont work