FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whats AC/AE 's responsibility when missed connection
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:09 pm
Jumper Jack

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by pitz
My understanding is that if, at check-in, the connections and separate tickets are all stitched together and are 'on-line' connections, with bags checked through, that the onwards airline will take care of you.

But if you do a bunch of online (not to be confused with 'on-line') check-ins for your various tickets, and don't have your bags checked through, you're basically SOL.

When you check in for an AC flight, you can present your onwards BA ticket to AC, and AC will be able to check you in for the BA flight, issue you a boarding card, and check your bags through to the final destination. If AC is delayed, I am pretty sure that BA will accept your late arrival and re-book accordingly.

However, if your separate tickets are not linked, and you do not have an "on-line" check-in ("on-line" != "online"), then you appear to be a no-show in the onward airline's eyes, and are subject to the full schema of change fees, penalties, etc.
How do I link BA ticket to an aeroplan ticket? And is it only BA?