FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Falling carry-on luggage can hurt!
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2004, 7:40 am
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
My son appears to be fine now. It was just really scary seeing blood coming out of his head, which is why I didn't think of stopping the woman until she was long gone. I am still kicking myself for letting her go. I even had a digital camera in my backpack under the seat in front of me that I could have used to take a picture of the perp and my son's fresh injury! Darn darn darn darn!

On the next flight two days later, we couldn't get three seats together on the Song 757, so he sat in a center seat, I sat in the window seat, and my other son sat behind me. Shoot, I may just intentionally select seat assignments like that in the future to avoid this problem.

I don't know if Delta really knows who the perpetrator is. All we know is that she sat somewhere in rows 10 to 13 (probably 11 or 12) starboard. That's 6 to 12 possible seats.

I don't have an attorney. Is it worth it to find one and pursue this matter? I don't want to be part of "the problem" (people who sue over stupid things) but on the other hand, I want Delta to know what happens when they allow large, heavy carry-ons in the cabin.

I have health insurance, but there is a deductible, coinsurance and a maximum rate that is covered, so this will probably cost a few hundred dollars out of pocket (the E.R. isn't cheap!)