FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:59 am
geminidreams

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Yes, you missed the part about how I canceled the SGS before realizing that maybe we'd prefer location for this stay! (My default otherwise would be to prefer a suite to a nonsuite.)

And, clearly, I made my (poor) reservation choices before coming here for the awesome advice above. I'll look into the LM tonight, I had initially shied away from that after one too many lackluster LM experiences elsewhere.

That said, all this may be in vain -- my wife isn't feeling the greatest and I have fallen behind on some work to do remotely, so the guaranteed suite at the W & good hard product may end up winning out after all if it looks like we won't be going out quite as much.

thanks all, will report back
The marvellous suite is a really nice room and the bathroom is private enough as you have a separate toilet if required in the other room. Breakfast is very nice. I enjoy it there. It is one stop from Patpong market on the BTS which as good entertainment options at night. Its about a 20 minute walk. The only letdown is free drinks which are well catered for in the other 5star properties. However I was given a 50% off voucher and for that you can get some really nice cocktails (ones you will wants to take photos of) made that significantly surpass what you can get elsewhere. The W is close to the BTS and you can get easily to many areas of interest by the BTS. If you like Ws then you will have a nice stay.

I would choose the LM as next best and it is situated right across from Patpong Market. The suites are nice, cocktail hour excellent but a little further walk to BTS. If you dont get the suite upgrade then my opinion is the standard rooms suck! The others are all good in some respects and I will and do stay in them depending on price and where I want to be.