FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA - The 2017 thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:23 am
WorldLux

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I guess I'm just saying, I demand more DYKWIA stories.
I have an older DYKWIA story with a friend being the offending party (i.e. the DYKWIA). The whole thing happened on SQ and I was lucky enough not to be on board. He complained afterwards to me .

It starts with him booking a trip on SQ to Bali. He and his +1 were determined to spend 19hrs of flight luxuriously which is why they booked economy on SQ. The big day arrives and they fly off to sun, palm trees and magnificent beaches. During the flight to Singapore, my DYKWIA-friend decides that he can no longer take it. He had already complained about the food being rather poor and now he makes a fuss about him feeling not so well. He calls the flight attendant and explains that he's feeling lightheaded and that she should accommodate him somewhere where he can rest for a while. The flight attendant - as friendly as they always are on SQ - says that the cabin is fully booked and therefore not possible. Good old DYKWIA says "Well, then you have to put me into C. I really need to lie and rest. I'm feeling slightly dizzy" "That's unfortunately not possible" "Well, then I'm going to lie on the floor". My DYKWIA-friend then proceeds to lie in the aisle, a move that didn't go well for him. The flight attendant changes her tone and tells him now to sit in his allocated seat. He angrily accepts it and the events seem to have infuriated him that much that he was still fuming when he told me about it nearly 2 months after it happened.

I shall call this the DYKWIA man baby. Seems to sum this up pretty well...