FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coming to Seattle - December 21 through December 26
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:05 am
Gardyloo
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by livencali
I am not staying at neither Hotel on points, I am paying cash. I wanted to stay at both to get a nice experience as I reviewed photos and loved both.
Originally Posted by tatterdema
There are a bunch of 4* hotels downtown for under $100 on Hotwire, as low as $77. IMHO, you would be much better off with any of them than a hotel at the airport.
If you're paying cash, then I'd strongly suggest staying downtown. A quick look on Expedia shows that the Warwick Hotel in downtown Seattle is available for your nights for $91, $2 more than the airport Doubletree. But counting 2 x $3.50 for bus or train fare daily from the airport to downtown, it would actually be $5 cheaper than staying at the airport, and infinitely more convenient and interesting. The Warwick is a quality hotel, steps from numerous restaurants, clubs, cafes and bars. It's about a 5 minute walk from the Westlake light rail station (direct from the airport).

There are several other downtown hotels available for under $120, including the Hotel FIVE, the Theodore (formerly Roosevelt), even the downtown Hilton for $111. I wouldn't think twice about staying downtown; it will expand your options hugely. Seattle is very much a city of neighborhoods, and given your priorities I think staying downtown with its access to bus, streetcar and light rail lines, would make for a much more rewarding trip.

I grew up commuting on the 405 in LA (we called it the San Diego Freeway back in the day) so I know what you're talking about. Downtown Seattle is nothing like that.