FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017
Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:52 am
Saltire74
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by TheJman05
Hi,

So I'm brand spanking new here, wondering if anyone has some tips to try get a free emergency exit seat?

They really are pricey and I was born with tall genes...

Thanks in advance!

J
Originally Posted by TheJman05
Thanks, but will they charge at check-in?
Hi TheJman05 and welcome on board. The only way to guarantee an exit row seat with EK nowadays is to pay up front. You can take the gamble and if at physical check in early enough you may be lucky to snag one, but bear in mind that it could be a middle seat which I personally would not select if the only exit seat available.

I’m 6ft 3in and have very little economy experience on EK but when I was on the A380 in a standard seat (aisle) I didn’t find the leg room too constraining so with that it’s either pony up the readies or take a gamble at check in. You shouldn’t have to pay to get an exit seat at check, only if you want to guarantee one prior to check in.

But once again, welcome to the EK forum. Hopefully you’ll stick around and join in further.

Safe & Happy Travels

S