FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coming to Seattle - December 21 through December 26
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:11 am
livencali

Programs: American Airlines
Coming to Seattle - December 21 through December 26

Hello,
I am coming/flying to Seattle, WA commencing on 12/21/17 through 12/26/17. Although I have been to Washington before (visited brother who previous lived in Federal Way, WA), I have never really explored Seattle and would like to know if anybody has recommendations for a solo traveler (traveling alone), adult male with no real itinerary but to wander around in the rain/dark or snow without aim. I don't plan to rent a car, as right now booking rental car options are expensive!

I will be staying at two Hilton Hotels; Doubletree Suites by Hilton Seattle Airport South Center and Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport. I would like to make the best of the trip, so I am merely asking for advice/recommendations as to not miss/waste an opportunity to have a good experience. My interest/hobbies are singing/music, whale watching (probably to late in the season for this), riding on the ferry, more of a nature kind of guy.

I see/read a lot of people asking questions about/or into museums, however I am not sure if I am interested in museums unless I have an educated tour guide explaining the importance or impact of each exhibits to me. What I am really trying to ask is, does one have to visit a museum in order to acquire a "liking"?

Initially, I was supposed to be visiting my lovely, gorgeous mother in Spokane, WA as we celebrate Christmas as a family. But due to the distance, prices of travel, i.e., plane, train and car rentals I don't think this is possible as I only have budgeted a minimum amount of money for my stay and eats in Seattle.

Also, I am a cold weather/rainy guy. So, visiting in December will not be a problem for me.
I would love some advice, recommendations of some sort from the travel exports if you will!

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Livencali