FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:45 pm
Saltire74
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by tomwhom
If I transfer my Amex points to Emirate Skywards, how long the points will expire? The same 3 years? Thank you!
Hi tomwhom

​​​​​​​
Once your Amex points become Skywards miles then they will come under the same conditions as Skywards miles earned through Skywards membership as far as I am aware thus having the three year expiry. That is the way Skywards miles are set up and would bring about too many complications for the system having miles in the same account that come from a mix of earning avenues and having to decipher which miles should have an expiry date and which shouldn’t.

Personally, I’m not a great fan of the EK system but that is what has been signed up to. Again, personally, I think it would be better if the system was like the BA Avios system in that as long as there is activity, the miles (Avios in this case) don’t expire, but it’s EKs train set and they make the rules..

​​​​​​​S