FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diverted Flight and Car Hire Compo
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:19 am
mdj1

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Just stating a fact, I don't know why they had to lie, I appreciate they just told us what they were told, but why lie!? It really annoys me.

If they'd explained, I'm sure people would have been much more accommodating rather than having a hundred or so disgruntled passengers.

Scenario.

Captain. Heathrow is closed sorry. we're going to newcastle.
Passengers. No it's not.
C. Sorry we lied, it's not closed, just terminal 5
P. = Peed off for being lied too.

Alternative.

C. Sorry guys, due to the weather we've got problems at heathrow and only one runway is open and there's just no where for us to unload you. We could get a slot but it might mean that we have to sit on the tarmac for anything up to x hours before we can get off the plane, and as we have very little in the way of refreshments on board, we've already been sitting in these seats for 5 hours and lets be honest, their not like your sofa at home!. I'm sure you'd much rather all get off somewhere else. BA will pay for your hotel, food and drink. Think of it as a little extension to your holiday on us! Tomorrow we'll get to you heathrow. Or you can make your own way and we'll reimburse any reasonable expenses. We're really sorry that we have to do this but I'm sure you understand that we don't take these decisions lightly.
P. Bummer, but at least he was honest with us....

It's the whole delivery that get's me, the, "we don't give a damn" attitude. I run a business and one that I like to think is very successful. We started just before the last downturn and we've seen growth every year. I've turned our first year of £16k in to a seven figure sum in ten years. Every week I get emails and calls from people on the way we treat our customers and the level of customer service we offer and how nice it is to deal with a company that values it's customers. Yes you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time I know, but we always go above and beyond!

It's just a shame it's lost on BA.

On another note. One of the ladies I gave a lift to to London was already on a cancelled EZY flight earlier that day, they were rebooking people for WEDNESDAY. She purchased a last minute ticket with BA for £320. Would she be able to claim this back?