FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four hour maximum connection allowed with partner airline?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:00 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Only a four hour maximum award connection allowed with partner airline?

[Mods, this seems to be a different question than the previous ones I'd asked on another thread. But if you feel the two threads should be combined, so be it.]

I have business class award tickets for my wife and myself for next year on SQ, JNB-SIN. The CSR sees availability for MRU (Mauritius) - JNB in business class for the day before (which is what we'd need for the connection), but says it can't be added to the JNB-SIN tickets because award connections with partner airlines can't be more than four hours (and the JNB connection would be much longer than that, something like an 18-hour overnight). Does anyone know whether this is actually the case? And if not, any way to avoid this pseudo-rule besides calling again? Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Dec 11, 2017 at 11:10 pm