Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Four hour maximum connection allowed with partner airline?

Four hour maximum connection allowed with partner airline?

Old Dec 12, 17, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Expl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Only a four hour maximum award connection allowed with partner airline?

[Mods, this seems to be a different question than the previous ones I'd asked on another thread. But if you feel the two threads should be combined, so be it.]

I have business class award tickets for my wife and myself for next year on SQ, JNB-SIN. The CSR sees availability for MRU (Mauritius) - JNB in business class for the day before (which is what we'd need for the connection), but says it can't be added to the JNB-SIN tickets because award connections with partner airlines can't be more than four hours (and the JNB connection would be much longer than that, something like an 18-hour overnight). Does anyone know whether this is actually the case? And if not, any way to avoid this pseudo-rule besides calling again? Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Dec 12, 17 at 12:10 am
Old Dec 12, 17, 1:21 am

Programs: MH, AC, AS
I've only heard of this 4 hour rule for US domestic connections, but I'm not aware of such a rule for South Africa. It could be a misinformed agent.
Old Dec 12, 17, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Expl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks. I'll try again and report back if I get any useful information.
Old Dec 12, 17, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

[Deleted to avoid duplication with award booking questions thread.]

Last edited by Thunderroad; Dec 12, 17 at 7:54 pm
Old Dec 12, 17, 8:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HHD, SPG LTG
For what it's worth, we have a NZ-NZ connection that is an overnight 15 hour transit. This is the 2nd time we have done this long transit on this particular route.
Old Dec 12, 17, 9:01 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, 9W JP Platinum, VN GL Silver
Only in the US domestic connections will be 4 hour maximum. Although i had difficulty pricing an Int'l-Int'l connection TPE-LAX-PTY >4hrs before.

For MRU-JNB-SIN, likely it is due to backtracking.
I tried to make the same booking before and they told me not possible due to backtracking

Search this Thread