FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Orbitz advertised free breakfast, hotel says no - advice?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:26 pm
kb9522

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by klanfa
Wouldn't chargeback be an option if Orbitz won't give in? It was advertised and I have a document (confirmation email) stating so.
@erik123 I called them in, they said they encountered issues with OTAs advertising breakfast when there was none, and the agent told me there was no free breakfast included for my booking.
As far as the hotel is concerned, I have a suspicion that the hotel terms for the room type and rate take precedence in terms of your interaction with them. And without a clear way to itemize the breakfast benefit within the rate provided by Orbitz, you'll have a tough time seeking recourse from them (Orbitz). And you'd probably have to prove that the advertised benefit had to be honored per the contract you entered with Orbitz to seek any reimbursement in the first place, and that doesn't seem like it will be a fruitful task.

Is a free breakfast really that important? To me it seems not worth the time for such a small amount of money, I'd just buy breakfast during the stay.