FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baggage meltdown at new YYC terminal this aft
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:50 pm
KDS777

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Landed last night at YYC at 950 PM on UAL #1780 from IAH.

We sat on the tarmac at E85 for 15 minutes in perfectly clear weather because it looked like they only had one crew of bag smashers and ramp rats on duty. A Westjet 737 beside us was gated first and there were others as well, because the walk down the long hall to customs was like a sea of people leaving a sports arena after the big game. One of the newly added moving walkways was also shut off or broken again as well.

The non NEXUS customs line took 45 minutes (normally it is 5-10) and was about 4-6 bodies wide, and all the way outside the doors and up the sloped hallway to the corner. I cannot imagine the baggage wait times that these poor souls had to endure.

IMHO the new international terminal at YYC cannot be described accurately without directly violating the "Flyertalk Terms of Service" multiple times. It was and continues to be a disaster for anyone who knows better. I've been thru this white elephant about 12 times since it opened, and never seen such a mess as last night.

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
As someone who is flying to YYC in a month and am now terrified, could you please tell a newbie which airlines use the "new" terminal? Or is it just ALL international flights? Eek....
All international airlines and US incoming. Be forewarned that if you have difficulty walking long distances, you should request wheelchair assistance. I am in good shape, and it's quite the hike, especially if you park at gate E89/90.

Last edited by KDS777; Dec 12, 2017 at 8:11 pm