FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Orbitz advertised free breakfast, hotel says no - advice?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:20 am
klanfa

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Additionally, there's a decent chance that if you show the hotel check-in agent your confirmation that states that it includes a free breakfast they will just give it to you. It's not like it costs them that much, and is an easy way to keep a customer happy. If the front-desk agent pushes back, ask for a manager.

I also would not ask "if your room includes free breakfast". I would take the presumptive close and phrase it like, "I have breakfast included in my rate. Can you tell me what time and where breakfast is served?" Then it's up to the hotel to correct it if that's not the case.
I agree, I only asked that on the phone since I wanted to be sure beforehand and avoid a situation like that at check-in. The hotel in question doesn't serve a buffet breakfast from what I could find online; you go to the onsite restaurant and order from the menu. I'll just call Orbitz again later to have them agree to me paying for breakfast at the hotel if the hotel won't give in.