FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United/Skywest - Problems with FA's Putting Videos on Internet while Working
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:09 pm
jimmc66

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Snapchat videos are only viewable publicly as stories for 24 hours. In order to 'view it' you would need to know her snapchat handle. In order to save one you would need a special app/hack/software on your phone to do so.
As I understand Snapchat accounts CAN be set to "private". This one is not. And no "special hack" is necessary - clicking "record" and "save" on a Macintosh or iOS device is built-in. No different than recording a live broadcast off your TV.

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
I saw no passenger face at all in that video. Just 2 or 3 flight attendants having fun on snapchat.
There ARE passengers shown at about :44. Others have been removed apparently to avoid further privacy violations.

Originally Posted by riphamilton
i can see this thread devolving into a snapchat debate, but her snapchat account is public. yes public, as anyone (even random internet creeps) have the ability to view and manipulate what is uploaded. doing silly stuff at work and posting it to a private account is one thing, but posting it to a public account and being surprised that a thread like this results is naive.
True.

The thread would be better to stay on the issue. Do you believe flight attendants/pilots/baggage handlers/ground maintenance/etc should be allowed to video and post videos WHILE WORKING? Do you believe passengers are entitled to some modicum of privacy from the airline employees that are charged with their safety and security?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 10, 2017 at 3:19 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member