FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United/Skywest - Problems with FA's Putting Videos on Internet while Working
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:12 pm
jimmc66

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
United/Skywest - Problems with FA's Putting Videos on Internet while Working

I've been on flights recently where the flight attendants have been using their personal iPhones to record and/or live broadcast video into social media platforms. Snapchat, Facebook Live, and Instagram to name but three.

I previously lodged a complaint about one of these videos with United/Skywest out of ORD. United punted the issue to Skywest (although the problem is endemic and growing).

This one appeared today - it looks to be two FA's from Skywest ORD, one of which has put on SC live recordings from in-flight as well as pictures of passengers.

I have this year had to routinely tell people to stop filming me - apparently some believe live-broadcasting their boarding/departure from a flight newsworthy. While apparently live-broadcasting on these apps is still unavailable from the in-flight wifi, is it only a matter of time?

But I'm not going to tolerate working FA's and other airline employees to violate my privacy and safety while I'm flying.

I've refrained from going public with these in the past, but lack of action from United, Skywest, American, and Southwest leave me little choice.

Moderator Note
After review by the UA Moderator Team, it is felt the posting of the actual video, including the FA's name and images of multiple UA employees is an FT Rule 21 violation.
Privacy
Respect the privacy of other members and non-members. Do not post private information of others. Do not post the names or contact information of travel company and program employees unless they hold executive management status (e.g. presidents, vice-presidents, managing directors).
It is fine to describe the video contents but posting a copy of a video will not be permitted.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 10, 2017 at 7:03 pm Reason: removed comments on moderation