FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco [Master Thread]
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:58 am
Richard Yu

I stay here pretty frequently for work (travel to SF 5+ times a year for multiple weeks at a time). I was looking forward to their new renovations which is why I chose this property but I'm pretty disappointed -- all the windows are single-paned and sometimes leak cold air into the room so it can get noisy and cold (very unpleasant). As part of the renovation they also got rid of the bath tub and replaced it with a very large shower (where annoyingly the controls are so far away you have to step out from under the water to actually reach them). Welcome amenity was really sad, it's a $10 F&B voucher which can at most get you a house drink at the bar.

Lounge is similar to other US lounges -- mediocre breakfast, no happy hour. If you compare against Asian JWs this is a really subpar property for the rates they charge. But in context of SF where all the properties are rather underwhemling it's not bad, and the location is great. Still I'd probably find myself at the Marquis in the future (where it's quieter since it's not as close to Union Square) or at the W (where the rooms are much nicer / not as dated, and I got a mini-bottle of champagne as a complementary welcome amenity).