FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels leaving Accor
View Single Post
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:19 am
kaffir76

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Unhappy Since 2014, actually

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Did not find this anywhere, but the Ibis Styles Ipoh left the system for some time.
Not sure since when or why, but I was surprised recently when searching for this property it was not there anymore.

Am curious why they left as it was not too bad a hotel. It became hotel MU.

Would be curious to know why they left the system in less than a year (I believe). Stayed early 2016 when it was rather new and this year is gone.

Although a few Accorhotels did pop up now in some interesting locations in Malaysia.

Cheers!
This was our go to hotel when we visit Ipoh every year especially during CNY.
The rooms are pretty small but I've gotten upgrades to the bigger room so for status members, it was a good deal.
I believe it's been open since early 2014, as our first stay was 18/02/2015 but the booking was made in Aug. 2014.
We previously stayed at the Impiana Hotel which was a rather old property.

I've been looking around for hotels in Ipoh as there are a few new properties but I think we'll be staying here again next Feb. as the location suits us best.
The rates have not increased much (approx. RM 180++) during the CNY peak period but this week, it's only RM 150++

Of course it sucks that non-Malaysians will have to pay the new tourist tax of RM10 per room, per night.