FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many reroutes can I add mid trip? (Delta)
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:03 am
pfbloom

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by EndiSky
Shooting for PM on Delta and I currently need 14,256 more MQMs. Using same day confirmed flight changes, am I able to reroute multiple times? Last week I was travelling from DTW-LAX (Home) and requested a flight change to DTW-ATL-LAX which netted me an extra 524 moms. Sunday I flew to Dallas (LAX-MSP-DFW) and have a return trip (DFW-DTW-LAX). My return trip will currently gain me 2,959 MQMs but was hoping to milk the trip for more.

My question is: Am I able to reroute and add in extra legs, for example when in DTW, ask to travel DTW-SEA-LAX, and then when in SEA ask to travel SEA-SLC-LAX? If this is possible, this would get me 4,154 MQM's on a single "flight".
Rather than rely on the goodness or ignorance of gate agents, what about focusing on booking your MR with very short changes, at busy airports, whenever possible? Delta can be very optimistic about minconnect times, and when you do miss a connection, they are very good about offering many, sometimes convoluted options for your rebooking, usually right in the Delta app with little waiting or negotiating required.