FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - young children given seats away from parents
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:16 am
CCayley

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by SCSA
I think this thread touches a nerve for people who don't have children either by choice or because of the vagaries of fate. We're constantly looked upon with suspicion for being childless and never quite fit in amongst work peers, etc. We constantly witness parents having meltdowns at the gate over entire families demanding to be seated together, etc. We get lower priority when booking time off at work, we get the crappy guest room, etc etc. Okay I'm dipping a little into pop psychology, but I think this does sound very much like another situation where childless people are being asked to subsidise and accommodate kids.
I would have some sympathy for this point of view if this were one of those countless threads from parents whining or disputing lounge guesting rules that (oh the horror!) don't let them take their little darlings in with them, or the people who weaponise a child by using it as an excuse to secure priority boarding for an enormous extended family of adults, or those who insist that their small children are entitled to a full adult hand baggage allocation but then demand that sundry buggies child seats and special child requisites should also be accommodated on top. But this is just a thread from someone who has, perfectly properly, questioned how they can ensure that BA delivers on its promise to ensure small children are seated near an adult on the booking. OP has made no unreasonable demands, and the policy in question is pure common sense.