FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - young children given seats away from parents
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:27 am
brightstar100

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SCSA
I think this thread touches a nerve for people who don't have children either by choice or because of the vagaries of fate. We're constantly looked upon with suspicion for being childless and never quite fit in amongst work peers, etc. We constantly witness parents having meltdowns at the gate over entire families demanding to be seated together, etc. We get lower priority when booking time off at work, we get the crappy guest room, etc etc. Okay I'm dipping a little into pop psychology, but I think this does sound very much like another situation where childless people are being asked to subsidise and accommodate kids.
I am afraid subsidising and accommodating others is part of existing in a civilised society. I suspect there are many on here who don't get good value for their tax contribution, but that is the price to pay for civilisation.