FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Empty Seat Etiquette - Who is the [jerk]?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:11 am
Annalisa12
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by spendlesslivebetter
I recently had a long international flight sitting in a center row aisle seat. The cabin config was 3-4-3. I had one side of the row of 4, someone else occupied the other aisle seat, and we had 2 empty seats between us. As soon as the flight took off, the other guy put on his headphones and laid down across 3 seats, with his head on the seat directly next to me. I waited until we reached cruising altitude, then asked that he move over so that I could use one of the 2 empty seats as well. He either did not hear me or pretended to be asleep. I then pried back one of his headphones and again asked for him to move over. He glared at me then moved to occupy only 2 of the seats, giving me the other empty seat. Who is the <redacted by moderator> here?
Good on you. Well done.

I went to the Commonwealth Games and at one event I had two tickets but went on my own. I put my things down on my seats, which by now were the only two free seats in a long row. I told him that I had purchased these two seats so I now had a luxury suite with tons of room. That stopped him enjoying the spare seat I had paid for.