FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Orleans for New Years Eve
View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2017, 4:26 pm
hoangb

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
As a lifelong resident, living in NOLA for many, many years, rather than someone who has visited many, many times, I can safely say that with regards to the temperature at that time of year, Post #10 gives you much better advice than Post #11 .

The record low temp for December was 11 in 1989 and the record high was 84 in 1995. The people I mentioned in Post #8 were here on January 3 and they were freezing. Also, if the wind is blowing, there is a chance that it’ll make you feel colder, I.e., if the wind is coming off the Mississippi or roaring thru the streets in the CBD. Maybe someone who has visited many, many times can also assure you what the wind will be like during your stay.

Best bet is to check the weather a few days before you leave and pack accordingly.
No need to debate. I am only a visitor, and memories are not always reliable. However, one can always google historical tempearatures in New Orleans during New Years and make plans based on those. Heck, even weahter forecasts a day before has proven to be wrong on occasion.

Having said that, based on historical empirical data, I venture to predict that this January, the weather in New Orleans will be warmer than in Chicago. Heck, I will even go further and predict that it will hover somewhere in the 50's and 60's (during the daytime, anyway), and I am almost certain that we will not see any temperature below 32 degrees.

In any case, I would suggest that seeking a warmer destination during New Years, New Orleans would be a cool place, although very crowded.

Safe travels.