FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Promo Code Now work on Multi-City booking
Old Dec 1, 2017, 6:39 pm
Bartolo

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by Stanbury
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this one seemed to be the thread most pertinent to my questions.

I have a 25% promo code -- for a J seat issue (deflategate!) -- and I am wondering the following:

1. Can somebody please confirm that it can be used for a multi-city ticket. The promo code box certainly shows up on the multi-city booking page, but given the above discussion I just want to be sure
2. I seem to think that I read somewhere (but cannot now find it) that if one tries a dummy booking using the actual code -- to verify for example the actual amount of the reduction for a variety of possible flights prior to pulling the trigger -- then the code is considered "used" and disappears into the ether never to be seen -- or used -- again. Please tell me I am dreaming this!
3. Has anybody had any recent success in extending the expiry date -- in my case it would be by a few weeks.

Many thanks in advance for any information -- or better still, any reports of any actual experience -- with any of this.
1 — yes to multi city
2 — I’ve tried it with dummy bookings and it did not disappear
3 — I have politely asked and provided a good reason. Quick response and request granted. Have done this a couple of times.