Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Promo Code Now work on Multi-City booking

AC Promo Code Now work on Multi-City booking

Old Dec 17, 12, 9:31 pm
alc
Original Poster

Thumbs up AC Promo Code Now work on Multi-City booking

Not sure when nor if someone already mentioned it, but as I was playing with the search engine on AC web site tonight, I found they had enhance to allow you put in those % Promo Code on multi-city booking. This is great news (for me, at least) as most (if not all) my Europe trip start and end on a different city.
Old Dec 17, 12, 10:21 pm

Wow! An actual enhancement. Someone at AC must have made a mistake rewriting the program to only work for one way trips.
Old Dec 17, 12, 10:46 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by YEG USER View Post
Wow! An actual enhancement. Someone at AC must have made a mistake rewriting the program to only work for one way trips.
Wow!!!!! Congrats!!
Old Dec 17, 12, 10:49 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred, Nexus/GE
Really, this is great news It's a Christmas Miracle
Old Dec 17, 12, 11:25 pm

Programs: AC
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9790; en-GB) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.523 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

This is awesome... Now I need some promo codes!
Old Dec 18, 12, 9:07 am

Programs: AC MM SE; SPG Plat; Hilton Gold
yes this is good
Old Jan 31, 15, 6:16 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Fairmont Platinum
I was wondering if anybody could confirm success with using a promotion code on a multi-city booking? I see the code box on the multi-city booking page, but the website still says:

For multi-city bookings:
You may not use a promotion code for a multi-city booking. Promotion codes can only be used for one-way or round-trip bookings.

Just want to be sure!
Old Dec 1, 17, 4:05 pm

Programs: AC E50K (MM) FB (Silver)
Originally Posted by politico_pk View Post
I was wondering if anybody could confirm success with using a promotion code on a multi-city booking? I see the code box on the multi-city booking page, but the website still says:

For multi-city bookings:
You may not use a promotion code for a multi-city booking. Promotion codes can only be used for one-way or round-trip bookings.

Just want to be sure!
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this one seemed to be the thread most pertinent to my questions.

I have a 25% promo code -- for a J seat issue (deflategate!) -- and I am wondering the following:

1. Can somebody please confirm that it can be used for a multi-city ticket. The promo code box certainly shows up on the multi-city booking page, but given the above discussion I just want to be sure
2. I seem to think that I read somewhere (but cannot now find it) that if one tries a dummy booking using the actual code -- to verify for example the actual amount of the reduction for a variety of possible flights prior to pulling the trigger -- then the code is considered "used" and disappears into the ether never to be seen -- or used -- again. Please tell me I am dreaming this!
3. Has anybody had any recent success in extending the expiry date -- in my case it would be by a few weeks.

Many thanks in advance for any information -- or better still, any reports of any actual experience -- with any of this.
Old Dec 1, 17, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Hyatt Glob, Accor Gold, UA Silver
1. Yes.
2. That did not happen to me when I was going through the process without actually booking the ticket.
Old Dec 1, 17, 6:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by Stanbury View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this one seemed to be the thread most pertinent to my questions.

I have a 25% promo code -- for a J seat issue (deflategate!) -- and I am wondering the following:

1. Can somebody please confirm that it can be used for a multi-city ticket. The promo code box certainly shows up on the multi-city booking page, but given the above discussion I just want to be sure
2. I seem to think that I read somewhere (but cannot now find it) that if one tries a dummy booking using the actual code -- to verify for example the actual amount of the reduction for a variety of possible flights prior to pulling the trigger -- then the code is considered "used" and disappears into the ether never to be seen -- or used -- again. Please tell me I am dreaming this!
3. Has anybody had any recent success in extending the expiry date -- in my case it would be by a few weeks.

Many thanks in advance for any information -- or better still, any reports of any actual experience -- with any of this.
1 — yes to multi city
2 — I’ve tried it with dummy bookings and it did not disappear
3 — I have politely asked and provided a good reason. Quick response and request granted. Have done this a couple of times.
Old Dec 2, 17, 10:56 am

Programs: AC E50K (MM) FB (Silver)
canadiancow and Bartolo -- thanks very much indeed for your very helpful and prompt replies. And for confirming what I hoped to hear!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: