FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Access to LH / SK Lounge at EWR
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:49 pm
StuckinITH

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by airzim
Not for what the LH offers is what I was implying. The food is pretty basic and the booze is comparable to what you'd get in the UC.

I just don't see the point of the effort, especially if it requires clearing/re-clearing security just to use a basic lounge.
The food is way better in the LH Lounge that what they offer in the UC (the only exception is the Polaris Lounge in ORD but, since we are talking about EWR, the food in the Polaris Lounge in ORD is irrelevant) Way more variety. And every hour or so they bring new items. Last time I was there, there was some delicious beef. Another advantage is that the drinks are self pour. I hate having to ask for sparkling water.
I guess the crowding issue depends on time of arrival. I entered the LH lounge five minutes after it opened so it was empty. Then delays in some of the LH flights made it overcrowded making some people have to stand up.

Since everything about flying and airport security is already a pain, I felt that having to reclear security was just a little addition to the pain.