FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:37 am
sperkins921

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
You seem to have misinterpreted what I said. I'm not asking for a comprehensive range of holidays to be included, but this year there have a been a couple posts mentioning Hanukkah. While there are potentially dozens of religious traditions represented here, I recognize that to include every one is not feasible and trying to would be a logistical nightmare. Nor did I suggest that overall deadline, December 25, be changed. But if one more question was added to the list, "Which DECEMBER holiday do you observe?" those who wished to honor giftees of the Jewish faith could, at their discretion, ship in time for Hanukkah. It doesn't need to be made more complicated than that.
I think I agree with Steve on this one. Adding anything where we split people into different holiday groups is just more work and stress for all involved. I have had people just say in their about section that they are or aren't Kosher or Orthodox etc. Occasionally, people have requested shipping or arrival before Hanukkah or let me know whether they were wanting the gift to celebrate Hanukkah. But to add that in as a separate question (i.e. which holiday do you observe/want to celebrate/etc) adds more tracking and more hunting down etc for wharvey. Not to mention, for those that have commitments that may affect whether they can meet the earlier Hanukkah deadline, it could conceivably mean that others also request NOT to have someone of that faith simply because they know they can't meet the earlier deadline. Again, a whole can of worms we just don't even need to look at let alone think about opening.

I think it works just fine how it is now, if that earlier deadline is important put it in the about/wants section to make your Santa aware and leave it at that.