FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:14 am
eternaltransit

Originally Posted by pinniped
Does the F lounge give you better views of everything? I don't usually think of DXB as a place to see unusual aircraft, simply because it's a sea of A380s and 777s... Cool, but I probably wouldn't upgrade for that. Would likely pay in USD.

Wines could be enticing. When I think of the great F lounges of the world, I compare them by their selection of single malts, but a prolonged wine tasting wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either.

Since DXB is a connecting point for me, I'm rarely *hungry* when I'm there. EK feeds me well in the air! So food is less important, unless they do something really unique there that I definitely need to try.
No good views of planes from any of the DXB lounges apart from FCL C / combined J/F in C but that's definitely a step down from the A/B lounges and a long walk.

EK's wine offering is unsurpassed (apart from maybe the Champagne) but the whisky is generally the usual stuff so if you're after single malts, it's LH FCT FRA! If food isn't your thing - and the food in the lounge is miles better than what's on board - then it's really just 15 minute spa and free shoe shine that is the differentiating factor.