FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Points Powered Weekend In Prague
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:26 pm
Spymon

Programs: BA Blue, IC Diamond Ambassador, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold, Hilton Gold
The last Day

As was the theme on this trip we started the day with an absolutely epic breakfast. Other than those amazing Indian breakfast buffet spreads I can't think of a trip where we started the day so well.
La Bottega Bistroteka was just a short walk from the hotel and we were amongst the first to arrive along with some other tourists that seemed to enjoy photographing their food as much as I do.

As you can see we didn't go hungry. Superb baked goods and the eggs were absolutely delicious as well. Great spot for breakfast and very reasonable for the size and quality of the food served up.

With most of the museums closed on Mondays we decided to do the tourist run across the Charles Bridge, have a walk round Prague castle leaving ourselves enough time for the afternoon flight back to London.

I'm sure he was posing like that on purpose!

Another happy camper. Guess they didn't have as good a start to the day as we did.

The queue to queue up for tickets was pretty long so I took some snaps whilst Ms. Spymon queued up.

The light almost looks like some classic day for night shooting.

Couldn't resist this one.

More crowds... The only thing I didn't like was being charged to visit a shopping street.

Though we did find this which made as smile.

Unlike this, I really hope giving this boy a good shine brings good luck, to me it felt more like some major bad karma.

Feeling a little hungry and slightly rushed we headed back down into town, picking up some sausages and trdelnik. The former were decent, the latter had dried out to oblivion and beyond. I was left thinking if the trdelnik are solely for silly tourists or if there are actually places that make genuinely tasty ones?

Flight: BA861 PRG T3 to LHR T3
Aircraft: Airbus A320-200
Depart: 17:15
Arrive: 18:35
Seats: 1A and 1C (Club Europe, Business)

We picked up our bags from the Hilton and made the short walk to the station to pick up the crappy airport bus. At least it was cheap. The check in queue was huge and having access to the Club desks made a big difference today. It was a bit of a trek but we eventually found the Menzies Aviation lounge.

It was pleasant enough with reasonable views.

Time for one last beer.

Our chariot awaits!

Yes please...

Time to settle in to row 1 again. We also managed SEQ 1 and 2 on this trip, travel goal met!

Showtime... maybe that's not quite the right word. Ms. Spymon went with the salad option. I took the panini (well 1/2 panini). Whilst the short hop (and apparently longer route) catering has improved on BA's CE service those stuck in the middle have been hard done by. A few weeks prior this flight would have got a full hot meal I believe, not anymore. Good to hear that in 2018 BA are looking to review the catering options.

Yes, that was really the meal...

We enjoyed a safe flight back to LHR, arriving on time. A quick HEX trip back to Paddington, the tube to St Pancras and good old South Eastern High Speed to carry us home. Whilst the HEX/tube combo doesn't necessarily save too much time overall and does cost a bit more it is a significantly more pleasant journey than the Piccadilly line.

Hope you enjoyed this TR. Thanks for sticking with me to the end. Hopefully up next a short video TR should I ever finish it off, perhaps our weekend in Brussels and Bruges and next year our trip to Japan (thanks QR sale).

If you enjoyed this you might enjoy reading my others.

Too Many Birthdays: BA (J), Some Trains, Cable Cars and Lots of Good Food
High Speed Trains and Slow Food - Italy and France by Train and Plane (2016)
What Better Way to Celebrate than a T3 Lounge Crawl (BA J/Y) (2015)
BA to Budapest - A Last Minute Weekend Away (2015)
Three Birthdays Featuring BA vs Easyjet, Lots of Food and Amazing Mountain Landscapes(2015)
Eurostar, TGV, Canoe and a Puppy (2014)
The Adventures of Rebecca Blanton - LHR to CLE on UA (Y) AKA another LHR T2 Trial (2014)
South India: Featuring BA F, 9W, 6E, SG and the Indian Railways (and lots of food!) (2014)
Coffee in Catalonia: Featuring BA, RENFE, SNCF and some good food (2013)
Planes, Trains, Automobiles and a Boat (2013)
For Family, Football and First Class by Train (2013)
Experiencing BA Club Europe (LHR-LYS-LHR) As Family Matters (2012)
A West Coast Adventure: San Francisco, Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon with VX and BA (2012)
Three Ways From A to B a Statusless Persons Guide: BA vs. Eurostar vs. Easyjet (2012)
Voyage To India: Delhi, Agra, Orchha, Khajuraho, Varanasi (EK, SG, IT and Indian Railways, 2010)

Last edited by Spymon; Sep 15, 2018 at 10:09 am