FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same Day Standby / SDS (not SDFC) Rules & Discussion (master thread)
Old Nov 25, 2017, 7:25 pm
Adelphos

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by I 40
What is the priority for FC on a paid FC ticket doing a SDSB?

Today- Paid FC ticket, decided I wanted to leave later in the day. Online only showing SDSB (wonder how accurate this is, Delta, where I have the most experience doing this, usually incorrect).

Only the 3rd time I have done this. First 2 times there appeared to be no seats in FC and I flew coach. Interesting that I received a refund both times for the fare difference,( but still got double EQMs).

Today, I notice there are FC seats available, but they clear the upgrades first , then the standbys, so I clear into coach.

I asked the gate agent why they would upgrade someone over paid first (and then refund them the $s) , and he said that is how it is done.

If correct, seems like an odd business practice.
Unfortunately AA agents seem to do not have set policies they follow with standby customers. With standby, I try to manage the process at every step. AA has a pretty generous standby policy in that you can standby for any flight you want with the same routing, but agents often don’t know how to manage that properly