FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same Day Standby / SDS (not SDFC) Rules & Discussion (master thread)
Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:17 pm
ibrandsguest

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by I 40
What is the priority for FC on a paid FC ticket doing a SDSB?

Today- Paid FC ticket, decided I wanted to leave later in the day. Online only showing SDSB (wonder how accurate this is, Delta, where I have the most experience doing this, usually incorrect).

Only the 3rd time I have done this. First 2 times there appeared to be no seats in FC and I flew coach. Interesting that I received a refund both times for the fare difference,( but still got double EQMs).

Today, I notice there are FC seats available, but they clear the upgrades first , then the standbys, so I clear into coach.

I asked the gate agent why they would upgrade someone over paid first (and then refund them the $s) , and he said that is how it is done.

If correct, seems like an odd business practice.
I just had the same thing happen to me!

Paid FC ticket in I inventory (not an upgraded coach ticket), tried to go standby on an earlier flight.

I got got to the gate for the earlier flight and was #1 on the standby list.

The gate agent processed one upgrade and then started processing standbys. I was cleared but was given seat a middle sea in coach. No thanks.

What compensation should I get from this? 5,000 miles maybe?