FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Seoul {KOR}
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2017, 9:49 am
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by dcmike
This is very good advice! I actually found to get to Myeongdong it was more pleasant to just take line 5 to Gwanghwamun and then walk 20 minutes or so south. While it did take longer to get to places (I was in Seoul for tourism) I found the service and the rooms at the Conrad to be worth the extra inconvenience.

The other thing to be aware of is that the Korean government has disabled Google Maps for walking and driving directions. The app will still give you public transport directions, but once you leave the metro you've got to navigate to the pin on your own.
Indeed, I do the same thing. Get off somewhere else and walk. Seoul is a very nice city for walking if the weather is good, so I would rather enjoy extra time walking outside rather than sitting (or standing) in the metro! I fully agree that the Conrad is well worth the slight inconvenience of being in Yeouido for tourism especially for people who like to walk.

I was not aware about Google Map. I wondered before why I could not get directions! Thanks for the info.