FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Seoul {KOR}
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:28 am
dcmike

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
I So you end up sometimes being better off just transferring once and walk the rest of the way to your destination, rather than transferring lines twice to reach the station exactly at the destination you want to be. Anyway, all that to say that if you are not in Seoul for business, perhaps Yeouido is not the best location. The metro will bring you where you need to be, but expect that it might take a bit longer than you think. Not nearly a deal killer for me but if you have never been to Seoul and will go for only 2-3 days and want to maximize your time, you should keep that in mind.
This is very good advice! I actually found to get to Myeongdong it was more pleasant to just take line 5 to Gwanghwamun and then walk 20 minutes or so south. While it did take longer to get to places (I was in Seoul for tourism) I found the service and the rooms at the Conrad to be worth the extra inconvenience.

The other thing to be aware of is that the Korean government has disabled Google Maps for walking and driving directions. The app will still give you public transport directions, but once you leave the metro you've got to navigate to the pin on your own.