FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:54 am
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bawm
Hi all,

Inspired by this thread, I submitted a claim for my most recent "deflategate" incident - ZRH-YYZ in paid business class (C-FNOH is a troublesome bird). As a Super Elite member, I expected a somewhat fair offer. AC is now offering a 20% off discount code for future travel as a final offer to me

As I book via a travel agent, this offer is not really of much use to me. The contact person at AC indirectly blames me for not having obtained an On Board Compensation form (a green form, for those who are familiar). To be honest, I just trusted that AC would make this right, and never pushed for an OBC form, despite having to manually reset the seat every hour of this 8 to 9 hour flight.

I'm hoping to get input as to whether this is a reasonable offer by AC. In my opinion, it is not, but I'd love your guys' opinion. I have been asking for a partial fare refund for this segment of the ticket. Glenn from the AC "Customer Relations, Executive Centre (?)" says that the 20% discount is all that they can provide.

Please also let this be fair warning to those of you booking AC business class. If the physical seat fails, AC does not appear ready to stand by their product. Spending $20,000+ on AC every year appears to have no impact on this.

Thanks,
bawm
So I've always reported it when I noticed it, but was never offered a green form.

I still haven't emailed about my second incident, but I'm sure even the MUC concierge would back up my claim. It was known before the door closed.

That being said, if you're not reporting it on board, you're not helping the next person to sit there. No, it's not your responsibility, but it's still a nice thing to do.

Originally Posted by Shareholder
I'm still curious to know why OP keeps flying YYZ-MUC-YYZ and never stays in Munich, just gets off and back on these flights?
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Couldn't have said it better myself.