FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMS - Connecting with baggage
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2017, 9:13 pm
SuperG1955

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
AMS - Connecting with baggage

I couldn't find any recent posts so I'll apologize in advance if I missed something.

My wife and I have DL Award tickets in J JFK-BOS-AMS and we're connecting to AMS-PRG on a KLM paid ticket on a separate PNR. I can book it either on KLM or DL ticket stock if it makes a difference. We have about a 55 minute connection at AMS. Am I correct that I can check bags at JFK through to PRG, just clear Passport Control at AMS and go to the KLM gate without retrieving bags, which will be done at PRG where I can walk through the "Nothing to Declare"? Also, no need to re-clear Security at AMS, correct?

I'm also assuming that our kids who are flying DTW-AMS-PRG in J on a single DL Award PNR can do the same.

I know that they're covered by DL in case of a misconnect.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to cover us in terms of a misconnect. KLM Flex Tickets (expensive)? Trip insurance on KLM Economy Tickets? Will that suffice? If I get Trip Insurance do I need the Flex Ticket or vice versa? Insurance is a lot cheaper. Would insurance on the DL JFK-BOS-AMS cover a misconnect at AMS to another carrier / PNR?