FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CDG connection 2A to 1 and back
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2017, 1:01 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by matt85
Just found out about interlining. Never knew such a thing existed. Is it possible to check my luggage on the return flight from FRA to PHL (my port of entry in the US)? It's LH from FRA-CDG, and AA CDG-PHL. ExpertFlyer says LH does have an interlining agreement with AA.
of course AA and LH have an interline agreement, but that’s irrelevant here as you are on separate tickets. As said by another poster, those 2 airlines will likely refuse to check bags through on separate tickets as they are more and more reluctant to do so and they belong to different alliances, so no « gesture » can be expected.
Your 1h50 layover from AA to LH is worrying. When traveling on separate tickets, it is always available to schedule at least 3 hours. The concern I have for you is immigration in CDG. It can be horribly crowded at some time. For sure, if you have bags to collect, you can forget about your plan.
You said you have a LH ticket in J and FRA has multiple daily flights, so your tickets may be flexible and so if you miss your connection, you might rebook on the next flight for free ?