FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX 2017 Terminal Move: The Definitive Thread
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:01 pm
mot29

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
The D1 check-in/baggage drop area looks like it's complete, as there's now a separate "lounge" area with seating and refreshments. The night before our departure, Delta also sent an email stating that they had representatives to take D1 passengers to the front of the security line, but we ended up not needing it.
I got an email the day before reminding me of D1 checkin for my LAX-DCA flight today. It is at the first door of T2, so coming from TBIT, you walk past all of T3 and T2 to get there. This morning at about 7:00 am, there were two people in line before me and one agent. I specifically requested the 'walk to the head of the security line service' and the agent didn't know what I was talking about - she went behind the scenes and a supervisor type (not a uniformed agent) came out and told her the contract access checkers who let you in to the D1 area would take me past all the lines - one of them did, and it was fine.
I also used my free PP to access the VAtlantic Clubhouse -- not crowded at all, but very limited food and beverage options. Didn't matter to me since I'd had a very good breakfast on the VA 1 in business class.